HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT DIETING
Losing weight can be a challenging task for many of us. There are many ways you can shed weight in a few months or even days. Some of the new trends are – FAD diets. These diets will leave you feeling hungry all the time and make you starve. What good is it to lose weight only to gain twice the weight back? To keep the weight off permanently, it is necessary not to “go on” a diet but to make some basic level changes in your lifestyle itself. The mindset to go on a diet will usually make you follow the FAD diets and when you are off the diet, you will again gain the weight – it could even be double this time.
So making some changes in the lifestyle will make the body work better, make you feel happy instead of having the constant frustration about being hungry and deprived.
First thing that is most important for losing weight is exercises. The benefits of exercise reach far beyond only weight loss and weight management. It improves your health, helps you fight diseases and also improves some life skills like persistence, confidence and motivation.
So why is there a need for exercise in the first place?
Back in the olden days, people used to walk to commute, play physical games for fun and work using their bodies until they were tired. This made them stay fit and not gain weight. In this modern world, with the technological increase, people now drive cars, recreate while sitting still and watching a movie or playing video games and work sitting at a desk for 8 hours straight. Exercise functions to fill the gap between our decreased daily physical activity and our body’s natural need to move in order to remain fit and healthy.
Now to lose weight, shedding around 500 calories a day with dietary and exercise modifications, you can lose up-to 1 KG per month. Adopt these painless strategies and enjoy the change!
- DO NOT SKIP MEALS – Most people think they will lose weight by skipping meals. The idea in their minds is to cut the calories, but do not understand how it should be done. Skipping meals has an adverse effect on the body that one needs to understand. Some of them are – decrease in blood sugar level which causes an interruption in thinking straight. Our brain uses glucose to run the activities smoothly and when the body is deprived of glucose, the brain functions aren’t at 100%. Having a low blood sugar is also indeed the reason for irritability, confusion and fatigue. You body will start producing more cortisol (It has a controlling effect on salt and water balance and helps control blood pressure) making it stressed and hungry.
Skipping meals and make your metabolism rate go down which will make you gain weight that is harder to lose.
When you skip your meals or go without eating anything for a long time, your body goes into “survival mode”. This makes your cells and body crave food rich in empty calories or carbohydrates. These usually come from junk foods – making you to eat a lot because let’s face it – that is everyone’s favourite. Also empty calories will not make you feel full with having little and thus the need to finish the whole packet in one go!
- EAT MORE VEGGIES –
Eating more of low-calorie, high nutrients fruits and vegetables will cancel out the need for taking high-calorie, less nutrients foods. Starting the meal with a bowl of your favourite vegetables will push the unwanted calories away from the centre of your plate. Try including fruits or vegetables with every meal and snack. Your diet will be enriched with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fibre, and if you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you won’t be reaching for the cookie jar.
- WHOLE GRAINS ARE A ‘WHOLE’ LOT BETTER – substitute refined grains for whole grains like whole grain bread, brown rice, bran flakes or pop-corn – this will provide the essential fibre for the body and will fill you up faster, making you eat in reasonable portions.
Meat, seafood, poultry, legumes, eggs, nuts and seeds are a few healthy sources of protein that you can easily add to your diet too. High protein diet will help you reduce belly fat as well as preserve the muscle mass and metabolism during weight loss.
- DO NOT ADD CALORIES IN DRINKS – Any sweetened juices have calories but do not curb hunger like solid foods do. Satisfy that thirst with water, or skim milk. Be careful of the alcoholic calories, they add up quickly. Limiting to one or maximum two glasses of wine on weekends will be a huge calorie saver.
Also keep in mind to not have your fruits as juices. Fruit juice is missing a lot of the stuff that make whole fruit healthy. Orange juice, for example, does contain Vitamin C and is a decent source of folate, potassium and Vitamin B1 but not as much as the whole fruit content. So it is advisable to have the whole fruit rather than juicing them.
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR KITCHEN – Keep healthy snacks in your kitchen and get rid of the high calorie, less nutrients, empty calorie giving food. When all you can reach for will be healthy fruits or vegetables or snacks it will make it easier for you to choose to eat healthy.
If you have fried chips or maida-leaden biscuits you will tend to have more of it and in turn, gain weight.
Another aspect is attending parties- when going for a party, have a healthy snack which is calorie less just before leaving. When you feel full you will tend to put less on your plate at the buffet with delicious foods. You will be able to have them anyways but the quantity will be less as your stomach already feel full!.
- SLEEP SCHEDULE IS A MUST – While there’s no doubt that switching up your diet and exercise routine are the two most important routes to losing weight, the amount you sleep also plays a role.
Just as getting enough sleep can set you up for success, sleep deprivation can cause the pounds to slowly pack on over time. Sleep deprivation will lead to hunger, increased appetite and weight gain eventually.
Try practicing a bedtime ritual each night, sticking to a routine and minimizing your intake of caffeine before bed to establish a healthy sleep cycle and enhance weight loss.
Losing 10-15 KGs of weight may seem like a major challenge to some of us because of the eating habits we follow. It is not that difficult at all and can be achieved by just making a few changes in our life styles.
For best results you can also read the detailed blogs on our webpage www.mydailymeal.com to understand weight loss and eating habits better.
We as a company help people willing to lose weight and reach their goals. We also make sure to give easy and possible diet plans without making you starve or stopping you from your favourite foods, to reduce the bulk that you are tired carrying.
Note: We’ve also recently launched monthly, quarterly weight loss plans. The idea is to work closely with users, make small but impactful changes in the diet and help them lose weight. Give it a try here.