Losing weight may seem like a great deal to some people. Sometimes we feel we have tried everything there is to weight loss and still cannot achieve our target. There is a possibility that we do not have complete knowledge on the subject, and thus may cause errors in practising some routines.
Lets list the top 5, very common mistakes that we tend to make.
1.Unworkable goals – Setting your goals before you start your routine is the most important thing. It is also important for us to have a realistic goal.
For example- if you weigh 90kgs at the start and expect a change by 20kgs weight reduction in the first week, it will only leave you disappointed.
For most of us, tracking body weight and seeing reduction in the same is a better way to track our progress than to calculate the body fat percentage.
It should also be kept in mind that the timings at which you check your weight each day has to remain constant. The best time for it is in the morning – after using the washroom and before eating/drinking anything.
It is also possible that while on a weight loss plan, we can lose fat and gain muscle. This could show a possible change near the waist but the weighing scale could show the same result. This only happens as the muscle mass builds while doing exercises and fat reduces. Hence, balancing the weight.
Measuring the waist circumference with a tape and taking monthly progress pictures can reveal if you are losing fat.
2. Fad Diets or Intermittent fasting – Any person who wishes to follow a diet plan to lose weight will have a mentality that the diet has to be “hard” to give better results. This is a myth! An approach to nutrition can be as simple as possible and still see results in weight loss. Restricting your diet from calories or other important macronutrients like carbohydrates can lead to many other problems such as loss in muscle mass. It can also lead to a very slow rate of metabolism.
Watching what you eat and how much you eat is the key to this. You can refer to the blog for weight loss. To know more about what to include in you weight loss diet and how much.
3. Not having a plan itself – Having a basic plan that is easy to follow and realistic will help. Instead of not having a proper plan and coach to guide you with your weight loss and ‘trying’ everything that you find on google does not help. Making a fixed plan and following the same rather than jumping from one plan to another will help you with your weight loss.
A realistic plan could be something like :
- Strength training for 3-4 days a week
- Brisk walking for at least 15-20 minutes everyday.
- Choose the food you eat correctly (for more read …..)
- Drink an adequate amount of water (at least 2-3 litres per day)
- Minimally processed foods should be included in the diet
4. Past journeys don’t matter – it is very unlikely for you to reach your goals without falling out. The key to this is how you manage yourself after the fall.
It should be known that only one diet will not break your transformation and only one day will not make your transformation. The whole transformation will take time and patience. Working for it everyday will give you best results.
Having a diet coach or instructor in the process makes the process a lot easier. Any dedicated person for weight loss will lose their track for one meal and come back on track from the next rather than leaving the whole regime hanging.
So, when you have a diet coach that you can turn to will help you overcome the bad meal of the day and will help you bounce back to your normal routine.
Here at myDaily, we also intend to provide our customers with a diet coach who is closed knitted with you during your whole weight loss plan. From the start till the end is our promise and the happiness of 1000+ customers in that.
5. In-take of sugar – When asked to stop drinking your sugars, some people put a stop on the carbonated drinks only. Well, there is more to the sugary liquids than just carbonated drinks. Having fruits as juices also increases the intake of sugar. Having a fruit as a whole will give you a lot of vitamins and fibre, but when you juice the same fruit, it is likely for the nutrients level to go down and the sugar level (fructose – fruit sugar) increases. The calories that come from alcohol and its effects on one’s body has to be monitored too. More details about this can be found here.
We are not completely aware of what happens inside your body but we are aware of what goes inside your body. Keeping it simple and opting for more healthy foods will help in overall wellness. Keep in mind to start your routine with a fresh start, without the baggage of the diet you followed before and found no results. Keep the past in the past and make changes in the present that you can carry forward in your future. The goal is to stay healthy and not just losing weight.